Here are some tips on how you can get the most out of the 2017NAFE Virtual Conference:
Participate as Though You Were at the Conference in Person!
- You will "attend” general sessions and breakout sessions at the same time in-person attendees are listening to the speakers in Las Vegas
- Go to an area where you will not be distracted or put headphones in
- Take notes on the presentations and participate
Schedule Your Time Accordingly
- Account for the difference in time zones
- List the virtual conference schedule in your time zone
- Keep in mind that the conference begins on a Sunday. Be sure you have the proper access to attend the session and test your browser prior to the event
- Have your computer or laptop set up before the session begins to avoid technical issues early on
Stay on Track to Earn your CPE Credits
Virtual Conference FAQ
- Watch the sessions live and your participation will be tracked so you can earn your CPE credits. You will be promoted to click on a link at the conculsion of the session to track your attendance.
- If you miss a session for any reason, you can still earn your CPE credits by watching the recorded version and taking a quiz after the session
- What sessions are available for the 2017NAFE Virtual Conference?
Fifteen sessions will be available during the 2017NAFE Virtual Conference, including three general sessions. View the full list of sessions.
- Are the virtual conference sessions eligible for continuing education credits? If so, how do I receive them?
Yes, all of the virtual conference sessions are eligible for up to 18 ERPA CPE credits and 18 NIPA CPE credits.
- Should I attend from my work computer or home computer?
You may attend from any location you choose, but remember to test any and all computers that you will be using during the virtual conference.
- What if I need help during the event?
You will see instructions on the screen to access help through the "Live Support” icon located on the top
portion of the screen. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 1-800-274-9390.
- What if I am unable to attend the live virtual sessions?
Have no fear! If you’re unable to attend the live virtual sessions, all sessions will be recorded and available for viewing following the conclusion of the virtual conference.
- Am I still eligible for continuing education credits if I listened to the virtual conference session recordings?
Yes, there will be a short quiz following each virtual conference session recording. In order to obtain CPE credits, you must complete the quiz with a minimum of a 70% passing rate after you listen to the virtual conference session recordings.
- How long will I have access to recordings for?
All of the live sessions will be recorded and available for viewing up to one year following the event.
- Will I have access to speaker presentations?
Yes! All virtual conference attendees will have access to all speaker presentations prior to, during and after the virtual conference session. Please the "Resources” tab on the right side of the screen to access the speaker presentations. They will be available for up to one year following the event.
- What if I am having trouble with streaming audio and I cannot hear the speaker through my computer speakers?
If you are not able to hear any audio through your computer speakers first check to make sure your speakers are not muted or turned off.
The next step is to refresh your screen by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard or clicking the "refresh” button in your web browser. If this does not work you may dial in over the phone. Press *0 for operator assistance. If you continue to have technical issues send an email to email@example.com.
- What do I do if I am having technical issues, such as the video stopped not loading?
First, test your web browser here.
Ensure your computer has the following:
• Internet Explorer 8.0 or later (recommended) Safari and other major browsers.
• Steady Internet connection, such as cable or DSL, 56K or above.
• Working computer speakers. If you plan to listen via streaming audio make sure your computer speakers are turned on and the volume is not muted.
It is recommended that you check your computer settings and make the following changes in preparation for this event.
• Set Internet and cookies security to low.
• Set screen resolution to 1024 x 768 or higher.
• Disable any pop-up blockers.
Instructions on how to set internet and cookies security to low AND
1. Disable any pop-up blockers (from a Windows based PC).
2. Click on the "Start” button in the bottom corner of the screen.
3. Choose "Control Panel.”
4. Choose "Internet Options.”
5. A box will open on your screen. Click the "Privacy” tab.
6. Set the security level for the internet to "Medium” or "Medium-Low.”
7. If you see a check-box for "Block pop-ups,” make sure it is not checked.
8. Click "Apply.”
9. Click "Ok.”
Instructions on how to set screen resolution to 1024 x 768 or higher (from a Windows based PC).
1. Click on the "Start” button in the bottom corner of the screen and choose "Control Panel.”
2. Double-click the "Display” icon.
3. A box will open on your screen. Click the "Settings” tab.
4. Locate the setting for "Screen Resolution.”
5. If the screen resolution is set to "1024 x 768” or higher, click "Ok.”
6. If you adjust the screen resolution, click "Apply” and then "Ok.”