Distribution Administrator Certificate Program
Developed and presented by Cheryl L. Morgan, CPC, QKA, AIFA®
Continuing Education Credits: 16 NIPA CPE; 16 ERPA CPE
Cost: Members: $495; Non-members: $595
Let NIPA help you enhance your distributions knowledge. Enroll online in the Distribution Administrator Certificate Program and you will:
- Advance yourself as a respected, valued member in your organization;
- Gain comprehensive, timely knowledge on distributions;
- Validate your skills and knowledge as a retirement plan professional.
The NIPA Distribution Administrator Certificate is brought to you with the generous support of:
Who Should Enroll?
NIPA’s Distribution Administrator Certificate Program was designed in 2008 to help fill the industry’s need for training entry-level staff who typically handles distributions, and has been updated for 2010 with new content. This program is also comprehensive enough to help pension administrators with more experience to broaden their understanding of the ever-expanding rules, practices and procedures affecting qualified retirement plan distributions.
NIPA realizes the time constraints and heavy workloads retirement plan professionals face in this dynamic industry. The new online Distribution Administrator Certificate Program works around your schedule, letting you choose the best time to study and complete exams:
- The program consists of two courses with two accompanying exams.
- Supplementary course materials include sample documentation and live Web links to help you understand how distributions work in real practice.
- The program is conveniently offered on NIPA’s Web site and is accessible at any time of day, any day of the year.
Participants will receive a username and password to access the preparatory online materials, audio presentation and exam for each course and will have access to the materials for one entire year. As a benefit to the online exam, participants will receive immediate test results at the conclusion of the exam.
Distribution Administrator Certificate Course Descriptions
Distribution Course I:
Focus on Severance Distributions
- Overview of distribution processing, including background information
- Effective human resources procedures
- Plan expense policy
- QJSA Provisions, or not; focusing on impact of EGTRRA law on Defined Contribution Plan mergers
- Optional forms of distribution
- Accrued Benefits; Vesting; rehires
- Lost or missing participants
- Involuntary or mandatory distributions
- Tax treatment of distributions
- Participant disclosures
- Participant loan issues at distribution
- IRS distribution reporting
- Workflow: The distribution process
Distribution Course II:
Focus on Specialized Distributions
- Distributable events
- In-service distributions
- Hardship distributions
- Qualified domestic relations orders
- Required minimum distributions
- Death benefit distributions
- Corrective distributions
- Plan termination distributions
Thank you to the Distribution Administrator Certificate contributing sponsor:
About the Author: Cheryl L. Morgan, CPC, QKA, AIFA®
Cheryl has more than 30 years of experience in business management, retirement plan consulting and administration. She established her own practices in 1989 to provide technical and management consulting to pension professionals. Her experience includes consulting to pension professionals. Her experience includes consulting on more than 10,000 retirement plans and associations with more than 50 different TPAs/consulting firms.
During 2004 and 2005, Cheryl served as Compliance Manager for an actuarial consulting firm, Means & Associates, LLC (M&A) in San Diego, California, and helped to develop a start-up company with the owners of M&A – ERISA Compliance Associates, LLC (ECA) performs ERISA fiduciary compliance reviews, HR and fiduciary education services, and the general focus of ECA is to help retirement plan fiduciaries manage risk.
Throughout her career, Cheryl has devoted a significant amount of time to education and training. The American Society of Pension Actuaries (ASPA) honored her as Educator of the Year in 2000. This came after almost 20 years of teaching and mentoring people on the QPA and CPC programs. Cheryl's education experience includes service as a committee member for both ASPA and the National Institute of Pension Administrators (NIPA). She also served as Director of Technical Education for ASPA during 1997 and 1998.
Cheryl L. Morgan, CPC, QKA, AIFA®
Morgan Consulting Services
41 Sutter Street, #1709
San Francisco , CA 94104