Year End Primer
Presented by Cheryl Morgan CPC, QKA, AIFA
Date: Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. CT
As we approach the end of 2011, our focus is shifting to year-end issues as well as planning for 2012. Join Cheryl L. Morgan, ERPA, CPC, QKA, as she addresses the challenges practitioners will be facing. Cheryl will provide Best Practice tips for benchmarking and quality assurance, and will cover the latest ideas to make process improvements, and hopefully save some trees (and money) by using less paper. The webcast will cover four areas, including:
1. The several compliance requirements that TPA firms and employers tend to deal with in November and December:
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Plan notices for calendar plan years
- Automatic enrollment plan notices for calendar plan years
- Qualified Default Investment Alternative elections for calendar plan years
- Required minimum distributions – calculations and distribution processing
- Year-end admin data collection requests for PYE December 31, 2011
- Preparation for the January crunch period relative to the preparation of Forms 1099-R and 945
2. The December 31, 2011 amendment deadline for in-plan Roth conversions/rollovers.
3. The January 1, 2012 critical date for retirement plan expense disclosures:
- ERISA 408(b)(2) fee & service disclosure rules require compliance by covered service providers by January 1, 2012
- Participant-directed plans must disclose fees for investments and transactions to participants for Plan Years beginning on or after November 1, 2011 – for calendar plan years, this parallels the January 1, 2012 effective date for service provider disclosures under ERISA 408(b)(2)
4. The DB EGTRRA restatement deadline – which is coming up soon after the close of 2011 – April 30, 2012.
We invite you to join in for a lively and fast-paced discussion of these year-end issues.