Here’s Your Chance to Receive $1,000 Towards Your APA Designation
As part of an ongoing effort to enhance the education of pension administrators, NIPA and PenChecks are pleased to offer an annual scholarship program for NIPA’s Accredited Pension Administrator (APA) designation program.
“Not only is the PenChecks NIPA Accredited Pension Administrator Designation Scholarship a great way to support and continue to grow pension professionals, it is a terrific way to motivate, recognize and reward applicants who are committed to growing and improving our industry.”
- Jordan Cross, Vice President and Principal, CrossPlans
PenChecks NIPA APA Designation Scholarship Dates - August 2017 Testing Window:
- May 5, 2017 - Deadline for scholarship applications for the August 2017 testing window
- May 2017 - Scholarship recipients are selected and all individuals who submitted an application will be notified in late May of the selection results
- July 15, 2017 - Deadline for recipients to enroll in their first exam during the August 2017 testing window
- Applicant must work for a firm that has a current NIPA Business Owner Member.
- The APA designation must be earned within three years from the successful completion of the first exam. Exams passed more than three years prior to the successful completion of your last exam will expire and must be re-taken. The scholarship will not cover the cost to re-take exams after the three year period.
- Any individual who fails an exam may re-take the exam for a fee of $150. If an individual registers for a testing window and decides to defer their exam to the next testing window, there will be a fee of $150. This fee only applies for two testing windows from the date of the original testing window scheduled.
- Individuals who have the ERPA and/or QPA designation are not eligible for the scholarship as they are able to obtain their APA designation by simply joining NIPA as an Executive or Business Owner Member.
- All applicants must be new students and may not have previously enrolled or started taking any of their APA exams.
- You must complete the application form below in its entirety to be considered.
What the Scholarship Provides:
- The Scholarship will award six individuals $1,000 each to take all four (4) APA exams.
- Two recipients will be selected for each testing window (May/June, August and November).
- The scholarship will cover the APA exam registration costs only. If an individual would like to purchase additional study materials, they will be responsible for the costs.
- Once a scholarship recipient successfully completes all four (4) APA exams and earns their designation, PenChecks will cover the NIPA Business Owner or Executive member fee for the first year of membership - a value of $445 - $595!
- Kim Martin, APA, CPC, QPA, Director of Education, NIPA, Case Manager, Pension Plan Professionals, Inc.
- One individual from an APA committee
- One individual from PenChecks who is a member